Dr Patricia Rios
Consultant Clinical Psychologist
Dr Patricia Rios is an Honorary Consultant Clinical Psychologist at Great Ormond Street Hospital and national and international accredited trainer for the ADI-R and ADOS-2 (considered the gold standard measures in the assessment of ASD conditions). She has been clinical director of DATS (the precursor company to The Assessment Team) for 10 years building a reputation in private ASD and ADHD assessment in Hertfordshire. Her special interest is in providing multidisciplinary assessment to children and young people presenting with neurodevelopmental conditions and their co-morbidities.
Dr Patricia Rios has over 30 years’ experience in working with families and their children with neurodevelopmental presentations. She is actively involved in teaching and supervising the ADI-R and ADOS-2 within the NHS and privately nationally and internationally. She has been trained in PEERS - Program for the Education and Enrichment of Relational Skills and Socially Thinking methodology and uses these approaches in delivering psycho-education workshops and treatment in the NHS and independent sectors.
Education & qualifications
- MSc in Child Development, University of London Institute of Education (1983)
- Autism Diagnostic Interview (ADI-R) – Revised – accredited trainer and collaborator in its development (1986)
- Diploma in Family Therapy, Institute of Family Therapy (1987)
- Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society (1988)
- MPhil in Clinical Psychology, University of Munich Children’s Hospital (1993)
- MSc in Clinical Psychology, University College London (1995)
- Chartered Clinical Psychologist, British Psychological Society, Certificate of Equivalence in Doctoral Clinical Psychology, (1997)
- Chartered Scientist, British Psychological Society (2007)
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule – Second Edition (ADOS-2) accredited trainer, 2012
Show Full Publications List